Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Trustee Matt Francisco's response to a recent article in the the PCN&R


Please read here Trustee Matt Francisco's response to a recent article in the the PCNR:

"The Ailes newspaper and their candidates have gone too far.

It is clear I’m being followed; My movements are being tracked and reported in their newspaper.

This week I was attacked in the PCNR for going to the home of friends to babysit for their daughter while he ran a quick errand. Last month I was attacked for having coffee with another friend of mine. Cathryn Fadde seems to have received information about when I’m in my home based upon her "your house is dark half the week" comment in the first debate. From some of their recent “reporting” they seem to be following the movements of my running mate Donald MacDonald and my fellow Trustee, Stephanie Hawkins.

It is Michael Bowman and Cathryn Fadde themselves who have chosen to associate with people who - in Mr. Bowman’s own words - have a ‘win at all cost mentality’ and have no shame in spying on neighbors and manufacturing phony scandals in our small community.

Let me be clear; Michael Robinson & Dar Williams are friends of mine. They are tireless advocates for good causes throughout the Hudson Valley and the World. Anyone who knows Michael & Dar know that they are good hearted people that do good work. However, that doesn’t condone a few words they wrote in a private letter that the PCNR has somehow obtained for this political purpose.

I will reiterate what my running mate told the editor of the PCNR on our behalf: “The letter you describe is clearly not from our campaign. As a general statement Matt and I are not concerned with the ownership of your newspaper and our campaign does not advocate "dishing dirt" nor does it appreciate receiving the same from our opponent or their supporters. We hope they will respectfully refrain from attacks on the Mayor and Village Board, including volunteers on standing boards as well as Village staff. It’s simply unfair and unsportsmanlike to continually accuse our neighbors of wrong-doing when they are not the candidates running for election and have no platform from which to defend themselves.”

I hope Cathryn and Mike will call a halt to these tactics and that we can all get back to talking about things that matter: Keeping taxes low, services high, getting Butterfield done right and continuing to care for the Village we all love.


Respectfully,
Matt Francisco"

No comments:

Post a Comment