Friday, April 11, 2014

Impressed & Grateful

Since the PCN&R first reported its legal threats against me, I've been impressed by an outpouring of support from neighbors, friends and complete strangers (who are now, no longer strangers !).

The majority of people I've been in contact with have expressed concern for me personally, but inevitably they've expressed deeper concerns about attempts by money and power to thwart individual Constitutional rights, to corrupt our local political experience, degrade our civic involvement and ultimately, reduce the quality of our lives in community with others.

Of course, I am grateful to these people for there expressions of support and solidarity, but moreover I am encouraged and strengthened by their sensitivity to the long-term implications of this bullying by the PCN&R and their determination to stand against it.

Of course, I've experienced different responses as well.  Just today PCN&R columnist Tim Greco described me as a "sore loser" over on the Facebook page he cultivates, but to be 'fair & balanced', he appears to have reconsidered the post after a short time - deleting it as well as a comment asking why the subject matter was still "circling the drain".

In any event, no matter what happens next, I'm very grateful to live in the Village of Cold Spring, in the Town of Philipstown, in the State of New York in the United States of America.

Summer is coming!

:)




No comments:

Post a Comment