Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Ginned-up Controversies ... and the price we pay....

A few days ago photograph of my garden was circulated in our Village, and accusatory questions raised regarding its content.

Because of this at last night's Village Board meeting I preemptively explained my role in fostering an ailing oak tree which is part of the Village's tree inventory and requires a sheltered environment and TLC.  You can find out more about that here.

After I read my statement the PCN&R and Trustees Bowman & Fadde began an accusatory line of questioning which suggested wrong-doing on my part - and insinuated theft of municipal property.

On June 25th the PCN&R displayed a photograph of my garden attributed as "Photo Provided At the Village Board meeting."

Clearly - given the circulation of the photograph well before the meeting, and before the issue had been raised by me in public - there was a concerted effort to gin-up controversy which does not exist.  


This effort appears to be lead by the PCN&R and our Freshman Trustees. It appears to be part of a continuing campaign to undermine the public trust and erode faith in our local government, our elected officials and appointed volunteers.
 
For me, I believe this campaign is retribution for standing up for my Constitutional right of Free Speech during and after our Village Election in March.  See also links below.


But for the rest of the community, I believe these efforts are aimed at discouraging and intimidating residents who would otherwise enthusiastically contribute their time and talents for the benefit of our community.  

That is a loss for all of us.

***







No comments:

Post a Comment